SKM to protest against Agnipath on Friday: Rakesh Tikait | Latest News India

Farmers’ leader and Indian Kisan Union (BKU) spokesperson Rakesh Tikayit announced on Monday that the United Kisan Morcha (SKM) will launch a nationwide mobilization against the Agnipath Army recruiting scheme on Friday, thus participating in an ongoing protest against the policy.

“The United Kisan Morcha has decided to hold demonstrations at the District / Tehsil headquarters on June 24 against the Agnipath project. The decision was taken at the SKM coordination meeting in Karnal. We request young people, civic organizations and parties to join us. Now, BKU’s planned June 30 protest will take place on June 24, ”Tikait posted on Twitter, tweeting in Hindi.

BKU, led by Tikait’s older brother Naresh, is a member of the SKM – a group of more than 40 peasant organizations – which has led protests against three controversial central agricultural laws. Laws introduced by the Modi government in September 2020 were repealed in November last year; The movement against the ordinances began in November 2020 and was repealed only after the repeal.

Meanwhile, Tikayit made the announcement Monday, four days after he opposed the outgoing Agnipath policy. The central government a day ago, He said Despite the widespread opposition to the project, it is not withdrawn; However, the Center has refused to repeal the agricultural laws despite holding nearly a dozen meetings with the SKM to address the problem.

Read More | Farmers’ Leader Rakesh Tikayat

Also, the farmer leader’s tweet came one day The Pan-India Band Celebrating Against Agnipath. Under a radical plan, cadets known as ‘Agniweers’ will join the armed forces for a period of four years. After this, 25 percent will be retained for general service, the rest will be released. 75% of the released ‘Agnewiris’ receive incentives like 10 percent reservation for posts under the Union Home and Defense Ministries and can also be recruited for corporate jobs.


Leave a Comment