According to police, the incident happened on Friday night in TT Nagar area of Bhopal when a woman was riding with her husband in a two-wheeler and stopped at a shop to buy a water bottle.
The Madhya Pradesh government on Monday passed the National Security Act (NSA) against the main accused in the recent blade attack on a 38-year-old woman in Bhopal, Home Minister Narottam Mishra said. He said the government has also set up the SIT to ensure a quick trial of the case.
According to police, the incident happened on Friday night in TT Nagar area of Bhopal when a woman was riding with her husband in a two-wheeler and stopped at a shop to buy a water bottle. The four accused made some obscene comments, then they slapped one of them. The officer said that the accused then assaulted him with a blade while the couple was returning home.
“The NSA application is being filed today against Badshah Beg, 38, the main accused in the attack on Seema Solanki in Bhopal,” Mishra told reporters. He said the SIT was created under the supervision of the Director General of Police (DGP) to ensure strict punishment for offenders.
He added that the special investigation team will ensure that the challan (charge sheet) is submitted to the court in a swift and quick hearing.
On Sunday evening, the Bhopal Municipal Corporation and the district administration raided the huts of the accused involved in the attack.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan had previously announced the victims had visited her home ₹1 lakh reward for her bravery, and promised to pay for plastic surgery if needed.