Kallakurichi violence: Collector, SP shifted, Minister assures support to students

On Tuesday, the Tamil Nadu government relocated a police collector and superintendent in Kalakurichi district of wake up from violence distance The death of a 12-year-old student She assured all support for the affected family and students.

Public Schools Education Minister Anbel Mahesh Boyamoji said he and Public Works Minister E V Velo had taken care of the parents of the girl whose body was found at the school’s hostel on July 13.

We have ensured that we stand by the family and ensure justice for it. We also said after interacting with students and parents that we will support them in the students’ endeavors to continue their education.

Senior Trustee V Irai Anbu has appointed Sravan Kumar Jatavath, who was an Additional Director of Agriculture, as the Kallakurichi District Complex to replace PN Sridhar who has been relocated to the Chennai Kanyakumari Industrial Corridor as the project manager.

Deputy Commissioner of Police, Triplicane, Chennai, P Pakalavan has been appointed as the new Director of Police in Kallakurichi to replace S Selvakumar as per an order signed by Additional Secretary K Phanindra Reddy on Tuesday. Selvakumar was held in the vacancy reserve.

“During our inspection of the school building, we collected samples of students’ certificates that were destroyed and found that chairs and chairs had been stolen,” Anbel Mahesh Boyamuzzi told reporters here.

Noting that it would take days for the school administration to restore the building and infrastructure, he said the government is ready to support private organizations in the vicinity if they come forward to run the school for the benefit of more than 3,000 students.

The minister, who gave a detailed presentation on the situation prevailing in Klakurecchi to Prime Minister MK Stalin in a virtual meeting chaired by the latter, said that many students would like to continue education in the same school.

The Minister was said to have briefed the Prime Minister on the need to take measures to ensure that there is no educational gap for students of grades 9, 10, 11 and 12.

“We will initiate appropriate measures on the advice of the Prime Minister,” Mahesh Boyamuzzi said in response to a question during his interaction with the media here.

He claimed that the girl’s mother said that her high hopes of seeing her daughter complete her education and start working had collapsed. “She has sought work to support herself and we have said we will take her to the prime minister and take steps,” he said.

“We confirmed our standing with her family during the crisis… Those responsible for the violence will be brought to justice,” the minister said.

Meanwhile, investigators of the Crime Branch – Criminal Investigation Department began investigating the death of the schoolgirl on Tuesday, even as the Chinasalem police arrested 113 people in connection with the school arson and vandalism, bringing the number of arrests to 241 so far. .

Among those arrested were two teachers, the school reporter, the principal and the treasurer.

The re-autopsy of the 17-year-old began today after the Supreme Court rejected the girl’s parents’ petition to accommodate a doctor of their choice to be present during the autopsy. PTI JSP SS

Leave a Comment