India reported a one-day spike of 2,323 coronavirus cases on Saturday, which is nearly 3 per cent higher than Friday. This is the fourth time this week that daily cases have risen by more than 2,000 points. India reported less than 2,000 cases on Tuesday and Wednesday this week. The number of active cases dropped by 44 percent, according to data shared by the Health Ministry on Saturday.
Top 7 Updates on India’s Kovid Condition:
1. Across India, the number of active cases has decreased slightly and now this number is 14,996. According to government statistics, active cases account for 0.03 per cent of total cases.
2. According to data shared by the Ministry of Health, there have been 25 Covid-related deaths reported in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of deaths from the onset of the epidemic to 5,24,348.
3. There were 530 new cases reported in Delhi on Friday and no deaths from coronavirus, but a positive rate of 2.17 per cent, according to data shared by the city health department. The number of cases of active covid in Delhi now stands at 2,229.
4. Maharashtra has recorded 311 new cases of coronavirus in the last 24 hours – 213 of them in Mumbai – but there have been no new deaths due to the disease. Of the 213 new cases in Mumbai, only nine required hospitalization, one of which required oxygen support, a Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation official said.
5. The southern state of Telangana has witnessed 45 cases in the last 24 hours. 42 new cases were reported in Bengal, 37 in Tamil Nadu and 55 in Madhya Pradesh. According to information shared by news agency PTI, J&K reported 6 new Kovid-19 cases, 4 in Chhattisgarh and 10 in Odisha.
6. The Ministry of Health on Friday urged states and Union Territories to significantly accelerate full vaccine coverage by saturating all eligible beneficiaries, according to a news agency PTI.
7. More than 192 crore covid vaccine doses have been given in India so far. More than 15 lakh vaccines were given yesterday. A total of 48,284 vaccines were given to beneficiaries aged 18-59 on Friday. The country began issuing vaccine precautions on April 10 for all beneficiaries over the age of 18 from private vaccine centers.