IAF receives highest ever recruitment registrations due to ‘Agnipath’ | Latest News India

About 750,000 candidates have registered for recruitment into the Indian Air Force (IAF) under the central government’s new Agnipath scheme for short-term induction into the armed forces, a Defense Ministry spokesperson said on Wednesday.

“The registration process concludes with the largest number of applications received during the recruitment cycle! 7,49,899 applications. Stay tuned for more updates,” tweeted Defense Ministry Principal Spokesperson Bharat Bhushan Babu.

This is the highest number of candidates registered for Air Force jobs in any recruitment cycle, the IAF said.

To be sure, recruitment to the Army was halted for two years while the Air Force and Navy conducted limited runs during the same period due to the Covid-19 pandemic. HT had reported in April about Haryana aspirants demanding re-opening of recruitments.

Online registrations for IAF admission under Agneepath opened on June 24 and the window closed on Tuesday. Registered candidates will compete for 3,000 jobs in the Air Force.

According to data shared by the IAF, it received 749,899 applications this year compared to 631,528 applications, which was the previous highest in any recruitment cycle. Those recruited under the new scheme are known as Agnivirvayu.

Aspirants will now have to undertake the online test between July 24 and July 31 and those who qualify will have to undergo the medical test between August and November. The list of selected candidates is scheduled to be published in early December and the course will start on December 30.

Under the Agneepath scheme, the government had announced to recruit 46,000 candidates this year – 40,000 from the Army and 3,000 each from the Navy and the IAF.

Online registration for Army and Navy aspirants started on July 1. The Army will start recruitment rallies in August, followed by the Common Entrance Test between October 16 and November 13 as per the Army recruitment schedule. Selected candidates will report to training centers in December. The Army’s first set of Agniveers will join their units in July 2023; The Navy follows a similar timeline.

Air Marshal Anil Chopra (Retd), Director General, Center for Air Power Studies, said that the unprecedented response received by the IAF under Agnipath proves that the apprehensions of those opposed to the project are unfounded.

“People feel that they have an even better chance to serve the nation through the new scheme and they will work very hard to compete and become permanent air warriors,” added Chopra.

The Agneepath scheme was announced by the central government on June 14, replacing the legacy system of recruitment, saying it would reduce the age profile of the armed forces and create a technically skilled fighting force capable of meeting future challenges.

Agnipath provides recruitment of youth aged 17 and a half to 21 years for four years and 25% of them will be retained for another 15 years and the remaining 75% will get a one-time financial package. approx 11.71 lakh. The announcement led to nationwide protests with incidents of violence, stone pelting and burning of trains reported from Bihar, Telangana, and other parts of the country. Later, the government extended the maximum age limit for recruitment to 23 years in 2022 as a one-time exception.

Recruits under the traditional system undergo nine months of training and serve in the armed forces for nearly 20 years before retiring with a pension in their late 30s.

HT had earlier reported that 20% of the candidates the Navy plans to hire under the Agnipath model are expected to be women. For the first time, the force will recruit women in the cadre below Officer Rank (PBOR) cadre.

The government notification said that the fire fighters will get an annual salary of Rs 4.76 lakh in the first year of service 6.92 lakh in the fourth position. They get non-contributory insurance coverage 48 lakhs, and an additional ex gratia payment 44 lakhs for death due to service.

Those released after four years will get 11.71 lakh including service fund severance package 5.02 lakh during his service period. They are secured with job quotas in various government organizations, paramilitary forces and other departments.

Leave a Comment