Kabir Diwas, also known as Kabir Jayanti and Kabir Blessings of Diwas is the celebration of the anniversary of the birth of poet Kabir Das. The 15th century poet and mystic saint – whose writings influenced the Bhakti movement in India – is believed to have lived between 1440 and 1518.
Buy now | Our best subscription plan now has a special price
According to Drake Panchang, this year’s 645th birthday for Saint Caberdas will be celebrated on Tuesday, June 14.
Kabir Jayanti is usually celebrated every year on the day of the full moon in the Hindu month of Jyeshtha, which coincides with the months of May or June, according to the modern Gregorian calendar.
The best of Express Premium
The poet’s verses are also found in Guru Granth Sahib, Satguru Granth Sahib of Saint Garib Das and Kabir Sagar. Here are some other lesser known facts about him.
* Kabir Das was a respected figure in Indian history, some even attribute to him the rank of pious.
*He was born in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, and was known for his penchant for spirituality and critical thinking of religion.
* He was skeptical of religious practices he believed were meaningless and immoral. When he died, people of different faiths tried to claim that he was theirs.
* But in truth, the poet searched only for the meaning of life, and described that victory is for them who walk the path of righteousness, and regard everything as divine, and separated from the material affairs of the world.
* It is noteworthy that there is a dispute among his followers about how he reached the land. While some claim that he was born in a Muslim home, others insist that he first appeared on the lotus flower in Lake Lahartara.
*His work perimeter includes Bijak, Sakhi Granth, Kabir Granthwali and Anurag Sagar. A large part of his writings were collected by Sikh Guru V Arjan Dev and incorporated into the scriptures Guru Granth Sahib.
* Kabir two-line syllables, known as “Kabir Ke Dohi”, are very popular.
Here are some of them:
1. Aaj Ju Laji Samand Min, Duan Na Parghat Huy
So, Jin Joo Jarmoa and Jackie Lage Hui
The ocean is burning, the smoke is invisible
He knows who was there and it got burned
2. Issey Fanny Polje, Moon Ka Apa Khoi
Our sons Tan Sheetal Kari, Oran Ko Sokh Hoi
Say such words, you lose the psyche of mind
The body remains composed, others find peace
3. Bada Hwa by Kia Hwa, Jais Bad Khajur
Panthi Ko Chaya Nahin, Fall Lag Attitude
If you are a senior, so what? Just like the date tree
There is no shadow for travelers, the fruit is hard to reach
4. Pura Jo Dekhan Min Chala, Pura Na Melia Koi
Jo Mun Khoja Abna, to Mujhsi Pura Na Koi
I went looking for Bad Guy, Bad Guy which I didn’t find
When I searched my mind, there is nothing more evil than me
📣 For more lifestyle news, follow us on Instagram | Twitter | Facebook and don’t miss the latest updates!