The All India Backward and Minority Communities Employees Union (BAMCEF) called on Bharat Bandh on May 25 to demand that the Center conduct a caste-based census of other backward classes (OBCs).
It is reported that preparations have begun to make the nationwide shutdown a success. The band operator has urged traders to stop their operations for a day and join their mission.
The Joint Front of Backward Classes is protesting against unemployment and is the subject of reservations for SC / ST / OBC in the private sector. BAMCEF is also protesting against the use of electronic machinations (EVM) during the election.
According to reports, Band has been backed by Vaman Meshram, National Convenor of Bahujan Revolution Morcha, National Parivartan Morcha, Bharat Mukti Morcha, Bahujan Revolution Morcha and its affiliates.
The National Youth Morcha National Convener Band has not called for any political leaders or parties, but students, unemployed youth, peasants, workers and women of the nation.
Here’s what the protesters demand:
– Accreditation for Caste Based Census by Central Government
– Opposing EVM use in elections
– SC / ST / OBC reservation in the private sector
– MSP Warranty for Farmers
– To stop the implementation of the National Citizenship Registration / Citizenship Amendment Act / National Population Registration
– Restarting the old pension plan
– Separate voters on OBC reservation in panchayat elections in Odisha and Madhya Pradesh
– Stop evacuation of ‘Adivasi’ or tribals in the guise of environmental protection
– Optional Making Vaccination Against Covid-19
– Protection against labor laws “made in secret” against workers during the Kovid-19 lockdown.