The Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) forecast moderate to heavy rain for the next two hours, with winds of 30-50 km/h, over Delhi and NCR. Because of these circumstances, the weather authority warned of the following effects on the city:
Predict the effect due to rainfall in Delhi – NCR:
- Water logging in low areas.
- Occasional decrease in vision.
- Traffic is disrupted due to water cuts in the roads, which leads to an increase in travel time.
- Minor damage in kutcha ways.
- Possible damage to a weak structure.
- Damage to horticulture and existing crops in some areas.
IMD also recommended that the following measures be taken due to the rainfall.
- Check traffic congestion on your route before leaving for your destination.
- Follow any traffic alerts issued in this regard.
- Avoid going to areas that have water buildup issues more often.
- Avoid staying in a weak structure.