With the introduction of four new labor codes effective July 1, there will be major changes in terms of employee work hours, annual leave, home take-home salary, and so on. Implementation is only a matter of time, as the states have already rolled out. Draft rules based on four labor codes.
Here are 5 things to know about how these 4 labor codes affect you:
1. Under these new rules, companies will be allowed to work their employees for four days instead of five.
2. If companies opt for a 4-day week instead of 5, employees will have to work 12 hours a day, with the total work hours not affected by eight hours.
3. The basic salary of the employees should be 50% of the total salary. Employee and employer PF contributions increase and home take-home salaries decrease.
4. The new rules mark the creation of a workplace home in the midst of the Kovid-19 epidemic.
5. The new rules have increased the eligibility requirement for leave to 180 days in a year from 240 days of work, meaning that an employee must work 240 days after joining a new job to be eligible for leave.
A Is it possible to work 4 days a week?
According to experts, Indian companies may face roadblocks in implementing the four-day workweek under the current structure because they have to pay employees overtime for extra work hours. Companies registered under the Factories Act cannot employ an employee for more than nine hours in any day and 48 hours in any given week.
Countries with four working days per week and how
Many countries, such as Spain, Japan, New Zealand, Ireland, Scotland and Iceland, have a four-day work week on a practical basis but they have reduced the number of weekly work hours.
What are these 4 labor codes?
These are the four labor codes: the Wages Code, 2019; Industrial Relations Code, 2020; Code of Social Security, 2020; And Occupational Safety, Health and Work Conditions Code, 2020,